Introduction to the Society
The dearth of proper facilities for preventive and curative services causes immense problems, emotional as well as financial, to PWH and IBD and their families. Hence the mission of PHPWS is that PHPWS is a dynamic voluntary organization that helps Persons with Hemophilia (PWH) and related inherited bleeding disorders (IBD). It is supported by the collective efforts of a group of dedicated and committed humanitarians, medical specialists and PWH themselves.
The Rawalpindi /Islamabad Chapter was founded in 1999 with the objective of helping hemophilia patients in and around Rawalpindi and Islamabad, however within a span of few years’ patients from KP, FATA, AJK and the Northern areas also started attending the Hemophilia Treatment Centre set up by the Chapter in Rawalpindi. The PHPWS offers advisory, preventive, educational services and medical assistance to PWH at minimal cost.
What we do
- Ensure proper diagnosis, case management, and care by a multidisciplinary team of trained specialists.
- Provide timely treatment to patients with inherited bleeding disorders, especially hemophilia.
- Educate and empower people with bleeding disorders to help them live healthier, longer and more productive lives;
- Create awareness about hemophilia among the families of PWH as well as different segments of society.
- Raise funds for the medical treatment of patients with Hemophilia